DUBLIN, June 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Milk Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunities, and Forecast 2021-2026” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com‘s offer.
The global milk chocolate market has reached a value of US $ 18.2 billion in 2020. Milk chocolate is one of the most popular cocoa products made from a mixture of sugar, chocolate liqueur and condensed milk or whole milk powder. Compared to dark or dark chocolate, milk chocolate melts easily and has a lighter color and creamier texture. Consuming milk chocolate helps boost memory, smooth and hydrate the skin, reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks, and improve the immune system. In addition, it is a rich source of flavonoids, a type of antioxidants, which remove free radicals from the bloodstream and improve blood circulation. Due to these benefits, coupled with the increased purchasing power of consumers, the consumption of milk chocolate has increased worldwide.
In recent years, manufacturers have started to introduce new variations of milk chocolate by combining it with other foods such as orange, caramel, cookies, and nuts. Apart from that, they have also launched products in different shapes and sizes such as bars, chips, cubes and wafers. The availability of these variants has resulted in an increase in the overall consumption of milk chocolate. In addition, milk chocolate is increasingly used for the formulation of a wide range of drinks and confectionery products, such as cakes, milkshakes, croissants and hot chocolate, which contributes to the growth of the global milk chocolate market. However, a shift in consumer preferences towards dark chocolate, which is perceived to provide superior health benefits, may pose a threat to milk chocolate consumption in the years to come. Looking ahead, the publisher expects the global milk chocolate market to continue growing during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Breakdown by distribution channel:
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Non-grocer retailers
The milk chocolate market has been segmented on the basis of distribution channels currently dominated by supermarkets and hypermarkets. These stores offer many brands and types of milk chocolate to consumers in one place. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are followed by convenience stores, non-food retailers and others.
- Western Europe
- North America
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Geographically, Western Europe represents the largest market for milk chocolate, holding the majority of the market share. This can be attributed to the increased production of milk chocolate in countries like France and Germany. Western Europe is followed by North America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, and Australasia.
Key questions addressed in this report:
- How has the global milk chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the years to come?
- What are the key regions of the global milk chocolate market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global milk chocolate market?
- What are the main distribution channels in the global milk chocolate market?
- What are the price trends for milk chocolate?
- What are the different stages of the global milk chocolate industry value chain?
- What are the major drivers and challenges for the global milk chocolate industry?
- What is the structure of the global milk chocolate industry and who are the major players?
- How competitive is the global milk chocolate industry?
- What are the profit margins of the global milk chocolate industry?
- What are the main requirements for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- How is milk chocolate made?
- What are the different unit operations involved in a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the total area of land required for the establishment of a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a milk chocolate factory?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for milk chocolate?
- What are the transport requirements for milk chocolate?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the labor requirements to set up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the investment costs for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenses of a milk chocolate manufacturing plant?
- How long does it take to break even?
Main topics covered:
2 Scope and methodology
3 Executive summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global chocolate industry
5.1 Market overview
5.2 Market performance
5.2.1 Volume trends
5.2.2 Value trends
5.3 Market breakdown by region
5.4 Market breakdown by product
5.5 Market breakdown by packaging
5.6 Market split by end use
5.7 Market share of key players
5.8 Market forecast
6 Global milk chocolate industry
6.1 Market overview
6.2 Market performance
6.2.1 Volume trends
6.2.2 Value trends
6.3 Impact of COVID-19
6.4 Price analysis
6.4.1 Key price indicators
6.4.2 Price structure
6.4.3 Price trends
6.5 Market by region
6.6 Market by distribution channel
6.7 Market Forecast
6.8 SWOT analysis
6.9 Value chain analysis
6.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6.11 Key success and risk factors
7 Performance of key regions
7.1 Western Europe
7.1.1 Market trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 North America
7.2.1 Market trends
7.2.2 Market Forecast
7.3 Eastern Europe
7.3.1 Market trends
7.3.2 Market Forecast
7.4.1 Market trends
7.4.2 Market Forecast
7.5 Latin America
7.5.1 Market trends
7.5.2 Market Forecast
7.6 Middle East and Africa
7.6.1 Market trends
7.6.2 Market Forecast
7.7.1 Market trends
7.7.2 Market Forecast
8 Performance by distribution channel
8.1 Supermarkets and hypermarkets
8.1.1 Market trends
8.1.2 Market Forecast
8.2 Convenience stores
8.2.1 Market trends
8.2.2 Market Forecast
8.3 Non-grocery retailers
8.3.1 Market trends
8.3.2 Market Forecast
8.4.1 Market trends
8.4.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive landscape
10 Milk chocolate manufacturing process
10.1 Product overview
10.2 Detailed process flow
10.3 Different types of unit operations involved
10.4 Mass balance and raw material requirements
11 Project details, requirements and costs involved
11.1 Land, location and site layout
11.2 Construction requirements and expenses
11.3 Plant machinery
11.4 Photos of machines
11.5 Raw material requirements and expenditure
11.6 Images of raw materials and finished products
11.7 Packaging requirements and expenses
11.8 Transportation needs and expenses
11.9 Public service needs and expenditures
11.10 Labor requirements and expenses
11.11 Other capital investments
12 Milk chocolate manufacturing plant: loans and financial assistance
13 Milk chocolate manufacturing plant: economics of the project
13.1 Capital cost of the project
13.2 Technical and economic parameters
13.3 Product prices and margins at different levels of the supply chain
13.4 Taxation and depreciation
13.5 Revenue projections
13.6 Expenditure projections
13.7 Financial analysis
13.8 Profit analysis
14 key player profiles
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ab1nwq
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets