Apple Crisp is a bit like a cozy apple crumble, but it’s made with oats instead of flour.
A popular pudding in America, Instagram baker @cakeontherun gave the humble dish a quick and easy twist by brewing it in a mug.
Cooked in the microwave in just a minute, the recipe is so simple that anyone can try it.
For much more inspiration for healthy foods, visit our recipes page.
Plus, it’s suitable for vegans and anyone on a gluten-free diet if gluten-free oats are used.
We cheated by using chunky applesauce in a jar to save even more time when you crave a sugary snack.
If you like quick and easy recipes, sign up for the Bake On Bake Off newsletter.
Filled with deliciously simple ideas anyone can try, it’s free and you’ll get emailed straight to your inbox twice a week.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, and some pastries can be microwaved in under a minute.
Many recipes are healthy, vegan, and gluten-free, offering a little something for everyone.
Plus, there will be plenty of gossip and reaction from The Great British Bake Off when it hits our TV screens.
Signing up only takes a few seconds – just tap here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Have you changed your mind? There is an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
* Healthier * Quick * Easy * Vegan * Gluten Free * Nut Free * Kid Friendly * Individual portion
Apple crisp recipe (1 person)
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons of oats, mixed with flour
- 2 heaped tablespoons of oats
- 1 heaped teaspoon of reduced fat margarine (or any margarine)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of syrup of your choice
- 3 heaped tablespoons of applesauce / mash
- Put all the ingredients except the apple in a cup and mix so that it becomes a crumble.
- Put the mashed apples in the bottom of another cup, then cover with the crumble mixture.
- Microwave at maximum power for one minute.
- That’s it! Serve with vanilla yogurt to keep it healthy.
Want to make a larger portion?
Simply increase the ingredients per person and microwave in a large bowl. You’ll also want to cook it a few more minutes.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can cook it in the oven.
Place the mixture in a baking dish and cook for 10 minutes.